Le Prevo.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
For the sake of completion my Le Prevo leather has now arrived. Not unpacked it yet but at first glance down the tube it all looks very nice. A 7 working day turnaround isn't soooo bad, but it isn't brilliant either. The ebay seller did it in 3 working days.

Le Prevos packaging is better though.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
evening Mike,

my black leather turned up today, it certainly cuts and tools well, was yours a matt black with a wavy pattern in the dye ? looks like the ripples in sand when the tide has gone out ?

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
evening Mike,

my black leather turned up today, it certainly cuts and tools well, was yours a matt black with a wavy pattern in the dye ? looks like the ripples in sand when the tide has gone out ?
Yeah. The dye job isn't perfect but I'm using a smidgeon of "ecflo all in one" midnight black on it and it gets rid of any issues.

Dreadhead

following on with the thread...I popped into leprevo today to stock up on a few things. I agree it's not easy ordering online and the turnaround time is a problem when you are in a hurry to finish an order, but in the store you wont find better service. Came away with a few new rolls of interesting hides of veg tan, pigskin, goatskin, suede, and waxy pull-up (safely wrapped in plastic to stop oil bleeding into other hides). Also stocked up on some more dyes, bits & bobs too. As usual, I was in there a fair while and was given a tonne of great advice, including Will rejecting some hides and pulling out others for me to save me money and suit my projects more. Came away well under budget, but with double the amount of leather I had expected :) very chuffed!

HalfGoat leather by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Halfgoat dyes by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I Have placed two orders in the last month from Leprevo, OK their ordering system is a pain but has got far better then a few years go,

Both time they have not had one thing in stock... but saying that I have a good selection of bits I need now so it dont matter so much

All in all a definite improvement...

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
OK... I might give them one more chance Dreadhead! I wish I could pop in :(

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...have bought a couple more hides from them in last weeks...all good!

s

ps....dready i'm seriously disappointed in how tidy your work area is m8.....really?.......anyone who's been round mine will back me up when i say my workshops nowt like yours lol...it almost looks like an office i.t. environment....do you manicure after each work session and moisturise your hands?

lolololol x

pps.....youre forgiven because youve got you dyes in a herb rack though...snap...me too lol!

Last edited:

Dreadhead

hi...have bought a couple more hides from them in last weeks...all good!

s

ps....dready i'm seriously disappointed in how tidy your work area is m8.....really?.......anyone who's been round mine will back me up when i say my workshops nowt like yours lol...it almost looks like an office i.t. environment....do you manicure after each work session and moisturise your hands?

lolololol x

pps.....youre forgiven because youve got you dyes in a herb rack though...snap...me too lol!

hahaha im fastidious! clear up everyday to keep down on the clutter before it overwhelmes me!

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yeah ok but thats taking things to an entirely ridiculous level dude....come on man, paganny-gothicky-celticky-tattooed-viking-dreadlocked-hamish with a workshop that looks like a set in ikea....I CANT DEAL WITH THIS!!!!

you'll be getting someone else to do your leatherwork for you if you get any worse just to avoid mess!!!!

i'm talking to tony about this mark....its not right mate!

s

:p

Dreadhead

hahaha you've got me there, I outsource my work to the forest people... ;)

I am indeed ashamed of my sterile workshop haha, downside of a rented house that doesnt have a decent outbuilding :( hopefully moving next year to find better digs that I will cover in dye and tools and crap just for you mate ;)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok...youve got a year to get proper messy or i'm afraid i'll have to re-think our friendship. :p

s

hahaha you've got me there, I outsource my work to the forest people... ;)

I am indeed ashamed of my sterile workshop haha, downside of a rented house that doesnt have a decent outbuilding :( hopefully moving next year to find better digs that I will cover in dye and tools and crap just for you mate ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE