Trip Report Lavvu over nighter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Eventually managed to get off my drive so packed up my kit and went for an overnighter in the woods. As this is the worst weather we have seen in 30 years I decided to use kit 30yr old or older. So with my lk35 packed with my czech army bedroll and polish lavvu (I did suppliment them as I'm not an idiot) into the thick I went.

I also tested out 2 woodgas stoves against each other, the Toaks knockoff vs the solo stove knock off. Brews and chilli was made followed by a bacon grill and mushroom Bannock. The little snow we had on the Island was soon washed away by the rain but the chill in the air remained.

Had a top night but after the last 2 trips ground dwelling I'm looking forward to getting back in my hammock.

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
Nice... I have a lavvu and woodgas stove that I seriously need to make more use of, just like this!

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Nice... I have a lavvu and woodgas stove that I seriously need to make more use of, just like this!
I struggle to get out for any more than an overnighter a month due to kids and commitments but it is a much needed break. Going to try for a few multi day trips this year. Got to get out mate anything beats the drivel on the box. Tfw

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
Yup, I'm in a similar situation, and in full agreement with you! Just need to get my act together and get out.

Reactions: nobby8126

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE