latest two started 24/7/14

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
started on another two today, larger one is a survival knife for my own amusement, the other smaller one is a commission

just rough ground profiles in 6mm stock... next the holes followed by the bevels and heat treat

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Commissions already? Nice!

Looking g good so far, subbed for the updates!! :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Superb! I can believe your customer will be happy as a pig in feacal matter.

(Is the red dot a sort of homage to shooting/guns and their safety?)

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
thanks, well a few changes need to be made to that last one which involves starting over... so this one is now homeless
samon, the red dot is my makers identification mark... a lot of head scratching over that little red dot but i needed something... yes it is a kind of homage to my shooting as always liked those little concave red safety dots on firearms.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Few changes, is that a customer spec thing?

Pretty cool makers mark!

i reckon you could quite easily do a version of the mighty puma white hhunter, with a touch of your style it would be a great looking knife.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
Few changes, is that a customer spec thing?

i reckon you could quite easily do a version of the mighty puma white hhunter, with a touch of your style it would be a great looking knife.

yes mate the first blank i did for him he wasnt happy with the tip being so high and lowering it would have made it too short so i started another but this time the cut out on the back is too deep (my fault as trying to get it squared took too much off) the recurve isnt pronounced enough either but im not sure i can do much better on a short blade?... so have to start from scratch.

i did make a file knife a while back that looked similar to the puma white hunter though i wasnt aware of it at the time, i want to go back to and have another go at that one...

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
You've got the skills their too make owt.i personally like the look of the kabar potbelly as a survival knife.i bet you could make a cracker of a clone in the steel your using

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Very nice!

Have you considered a passaround? And have you designed a 'standard' model y3t?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE