Latest garden visitor!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
We're three weeks into our new, country house (3 bed bungalow in the edge of a small village). So far the wildlife highlight was a fox visiting our son. Nobody else saw it but he did. You can't fake that excitement as an 8yo!!

Today my spot was 5 minutes ago a vole. Simply put I don't often see these animals so when I do it's something I enjoy.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
BTW vole not mouse. Couldn't really see the ears or tail is a good indication they're small features as typical of voles. Plus I think the voles tend to walk more squattly than mice but that's just my thinking.

Of course our border terrier took this moment to want to go outside and immediately went into hunting pose right in front of where the vole left the lawn for the border. She didn't catch it though.

Glad it's a vole not mouse as less likely to want to come inside I reckon.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
BTW vole not mouse. Couldn't really see the ears or tail is a good indication they're small features as typical of voles. Plus I think the voles tend to walk more squattly than mice but that's just my thinking.

Of course our border terrier took this moment to want to go outside and immediately went into hunting pose right in front of where the vole left the lawn for the border. She didn't catch it though.

Glad it's a vole not mouse as less likely to want to come inside I reckon.

By far the majority of rodents that I trap in our studio in winter are voles; followed by yellow necked mice. Sadly, I have to trap them because they destroy craft materials such as wool, art paper and leather.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
May I send you a few?

I think if I put some apples into the package they will reach you alive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE