latest carving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
yes they would, even more so as they age and weather over time oh and i havnt forgot your candlestick idea either. :) you far from yarmouth?

Other side of the Wash...Boston way

Tell you what would work....hatepost finials.....you know like the stone balls, lions etc. Bet you could sell a few of those. Wall plaques would be good too - just split a thinnish tree trunk, plane the back down and then same as the stick version.....

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Other side of the Wash...Boston way

Tell you what would work....hatepost finials.....you know like the stone balls, lions etc. Bet you could sell a few of those. Wall plaques would be good too - just split a thinnish tree trunk, plane the back down and then same as the stick version.....

yes all good stuff, never enough time i need to retire i think. :rolleyes: if you see a strange bloke with an 8' oak gatepost on his shoulder staggering towards you...youll know what its all about! :)

bobz64

Dec 24, 2010
Scotland
Absolute cracker that one mate!!

What do you use to get the eye features when it`s set so deep? I bought a Flexcut 11-piece palm which has some pretty small tools but I still struggle to get the eye details right when set back in the sockets (usually end up burning the eyes in with a pyro pen!)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Absolute cracker that one mate!!

What do you use to get the eye features when it`s set so deep? I bought a Flexcut 11-piece palm which has some pretty small tools but I still struggle to get the eye details right when set back in the sockets (usually end up burning the eyes in with a pyro pen!)

hi bobz i have the same flexcut set, nice tools. re the eyes, take a look at my tutorial it will show you how i do mine, and thanks for your comments. :)

bobz64

Dec 24, 2010
Scotland
Ah ha! Now that`s clever! Some brilliant spirits there too! I think I need to start making something on that scale, up to now it`s been mostly walking stick handles and staffs which I find a bit fiddly to get fine details onto (and then i get p***** off when it doesn`t happen lol).

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Ah ha! Now that`s clever! Some brilliant spirits there too! I think I need to start making something on that scale, up to now it`s been mostly walking stick handles and staffs which I find a bit fiddly to get fine details onto (and then i get p***** off when it doesn`t happen lol).

take a look at andyt his staffs are very detailed, i have tried a couple its nice to decorate a functional item. talk about fiddly, these were fun :D

013.jpg

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Woodspirits, another cracker there, looks great. I think i will need to get my chisels out again and make another as its been an age, mind you i will need to finish my Fyke net first though :rolleyes:.

Cheers Stuart.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Is it just me...or does the fifth from the left remind anyone of "The Scream"?

yes i remember thinking 'bugger!' as i broke into the pith of that stick, and had exactly the same thought. :D

Hi Woodspirits, another cracker there, looks great. I think i will need to get my chisels out again and make another as its been an age, mind you i will need to finish my Fyke net first though :rolleyes:.

Cheers Stuart.

thanks stuart, excuse my ignorance ive looked on your site, whats a fyke net?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE