Last minute panic!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Right, I was just packing up my bits and suddenly had a thought... Am I supposed to have a ticket??? I paid quite a while back and thought no more of it, but never received anything on paper. :confused:

Also, what time are things finishing on Tuesday? to add to everything, car troubles now mean I'm on trains/coaches :rant: , and need to book something for the way home.

Help? Please?

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
beat ya :p
as for Tuesday I've just checked the timetable its all down as pack up /catch up time with an off site of midday

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
may I join you in panic? I thought Id `pack light` this year.

light my a***e I can't even lift the bag Ive had to strap it to a trolley, and Ive not finished packing yet. Im beginning to suspect there is no such thing as lightweight camping.

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Seriously Milo??? :eek:

I feel heartened that I'm not the only daft disorganised person going, but Firecrest, you've made me feel slightly apprehensive about the packing... best actually get on with it! :lmao:

Milo

Jun 15, 2009
London
hihi no, they have been packing for the last 2 months. If its any consolation I have yet to pack my stuff and in the morning am going to reduce the pile of kitchen sinks and microwaves they have packed to a quarter of its size :)

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
hihi no, they have been packing for the last 2 months. If its any consolation I have yet to pack my stuff and in the morning am going to reduce the pile of kitchen sinks and microwaves they have packed to a quarter of its size :)

no sink but i have a gas powered fridge..... (it was an ORDER inorder to get sue and the kids to come). its very sad i know so i have to confess early.

what sort of time do people get there from. im planning to minimise the number of toddler stops on route..

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Tried packing, threw a load out, tried packing again and gave in, went to buy a roof box for the car.

Now to try again...

Tobes

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
im only comign on my own and i have packed way to much. First time at the moot and no idea what to expect, so im being a good boy scout LOL

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Im down to just two rucksacks now!!

to be fair though, my big sleeping bag is taking up most of the room, and my pyrography box and camera are big and bulky...plus I felt i needed an extra tarp and a wooly jumper, and then the rum on top...

Ok does anyone thing it might be better if I took a summer sleeping bag instead of my 4 season? Im usually cold in the hammock with the 4 season but thats been winter camping. I was hot last year at the moot in my tent with the same sleeping bag.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I used to go to shows demonstrating with all of my kit and a helper in my little Clio. I've just filled my Omega (big estate) and I'm on my own! what's happened to me?!

Anyway, I'm bound to have forgotten something but I don't care (as long as I have beer and food I'm ok ;) ).

see you all tomorrow! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE