Last Day of the Season Tomorrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Well I followed tradition and made the trip to the river for the last day of the season.

Some key elements of the tradition were followed (it was freezing), but a key one was not - I caught a fish!

A chub that, at 6lb 2oz, was by biggest ever, by quite some margin.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Well I followed tradition and made the trip to the river for the last day of the season.

Some key elements of the tradition were followed (it was freezing), but a key one was not - I caught a fish!

A chub that, at 6lb 2oz, was by biggest ever, by quite some margin.

That’s fabulous Blundstoned Love :) what a beauty, a chub over 6lb is a real specimen and a lovely sight, many congratulations to you, what a fine way to break your ''tradition''. Chub are one of the species that can still be catched in cold conditions or high water. I’ve fished ever since I was able to stand upright on my legs for all coarse and game fish but I love chub fishing, a big chub is a sight to behold. I bet you catched that fish twice, once on the river and then again in your thoughts when you went to bed afterwards. I too have a tradition when I go fishing, when I say I’ll just have a last cast before I pack up I never mean it and usually have several last casts. It’s hard to drag yourself away sometimes. ---- Just read and enjoyed your blog too, one tip though if you aren’t getting any bites, pour yourself a cup of tea from a flask and sure enough you will get a bite while doing so and miss it :lmao:

Wishing you more success on future forays, ATB :)

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
First day on the troot today.

I was thinking about trout yesterday - there were some flies on the water - like v small mayflies - never seen that before on 14th March - must be the mild weather.

Don't fly fish myself, but get a few where I go for Grayling.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
That’s fabulous Blundstoned Love what a beauty, a chub over 6lb is a real specimen and a lovely sight, many congratulations to you, what a fine way to break your ''tradition''. Chub are one of the species that can still be catched in cold conditions or high water. I’ve fished ever since I was able to stand upright on my legs for all coarse and game fish but I love chub fishing, a big chub is a sight to behold. I bet you catched that fish twice, once on the river and then again in your thoughts when you went to bed afterwards. I too have a tradition when I go fishing, when I say I’ll just have a last cast before I pack up I never mean it and usually have several last casts. It’s hard to drag yourself away sometimes. ---- Just read and enjoyed your blog too, one tip though if you aren’t getting any bites, pour yourself a cup of tea from a flask and sure enough you will get a bite while doing so and miss it

Wishing you more success on future forays, ATB

Thanks - just put a pic on my blog.

I also caught a five and a half pounder. Also another around the same stamp I lost - I didn't strike well and it came off after a minute - I had been stuffing handwarmer pouches into my gloves when it hit - so I know what you mean with the cuppa tea trick.

My previous biggest was 3lb 15, so with those 2 I walked back on cloud. Have been smiling all day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE