Lars across Canada

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
I watched it last night with much interest - he spoke excellent English - to polar bears !!! :)
I was wondering what knife he uses - he was cutting up his jacket to take ice out with it - looked like a custom made puukko to me.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Finally got to watch the last ten minutes just now.

What a trip and what a film, if anyone ever comes across the full version please let us know.

Now to work on our lass for the three year pass out to play :rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I got one for 12 months once! :)
Also had
3 months
6 months
and several 1 month passes from SWMBO

3 years is a bit much to ask for though.......
Still married to the girl I met 35 years ago :)

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I got one for 12 months once! :)
Also had
3 months
6 months
and several 1 month passes from SWMBO

3 years is a bit much to ask for though.......

I think the trick would be to be just sufficiently annoying that (s)he felt it was a good deal to be rid of one.

I have one expedition on the day-dream stage that would run 5-10 years, but that is for when I (a) win the lottery and (b) somehow become single with no dependent children again (the current most likely way this could happen is that the ASBs -- Alien Space Bats -- kidnap the rest of the familly and a leprechaun gives me a pot of gold).

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Just watched it and I have to say that it is absolutely superb. Thanks so much for posting it up I thoroughly enjoyed it.

What an adventure! He must be so tough mentally to see a trip like that through to the end. I loved what he said when the ice was melting, the sled was hardgoing, and the dogs' legs were being cut breaking through. He said, "It's good to have days like this. It's what makes the trip unforgettable." Now that is positive mental attitude.

Did anyone else wince at the porcupine quills? Poor mutts.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Lars looks so happy and comfortable doing these programmes, and they are are a joy to watch.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Fantastic , i have watched the ones before,this guy,s programes just get better and better.Does anybody have it on dvd? I would have been flappin with the bears , i think the shotgun would have been used!

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Fantastic , i have watched the ones before,this guy,s programes just get better and better.Does anybody have it on dvd? I would have been flappin with the bears , i think the shotgun would have been used!

Now that would really have annoyed the bear.:eek:

I don't think a shotgun would be a lot of good at stopping a charging bear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE