Lansky Madrock World legal knife. £20 Well spent!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I'm always looking for new bits and bobs to play with and last year I bought a Lansky World legal knife as a 'try something new'. Generally speaking, I liked the knife, but there was room to improve it massively. Mainly the blade and edge shape being convoluted and really weird..

Anyway, having discovered yesterday that Lansky have recreated their World legal knife, I ordered one asap!

So here it is next to the original (original at top, new one at bottom in orange)..

Although the blade length (as to keep it 'world legal') and thickness is the same on the new model, they have trimmed away all the excess handle fat, blade belly and what not, leaving us with a much more usable pocket knife.

I know the overall 'modern' and kind of 'scary' look will not be liked by some, but if you want a chunky, modern knife with a good pocket clip, stainless steel (old one was 440c new one is 9Cr18MoV) and a bear trap esque back spring, then for the money, you could be quite happy.

On the topic of the back spring, both models are really really tight and strong. Giving you a lot of security in the hand.

Anyway, this isn't a review, just a quick look at a new knife!

Thanks for reading.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
It is utterly beyond me why someone would make a knife called 'World legal' then give it a tactical aggressive styling.

Beacause what makes something legal or not is how it's made and what it does, NOT what it looks like or what it is called. Your criticism doesn't extend to Swiss Army knives, I assume? Outright militarism there in your hand! ;)

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Beacause what makes something legal or not is how it's made and what it does, NOT what it looks like or what it is called. Your criticism doesn't extend to Swiss Army knives, I assume? Outright militarism there in your hand! ;)

Because an aggressive-looking knife will automatically fail the 'attitude test'.

As I've stated on this forum before, I've had a 4" locking blade accepted after a search by a police officer, simply because the appearance of the knife (a SAK btw) and my behaviour passed the attitude test.

An aggressive-looking knife, however much it complies with the letter of the law, will cause a fail of the test.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE