Lamp or lantern: oil or paraffin ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
My gf loves the warm atmosphe of these lamps (me too !) but she doesn't want the hurrican lamp look...too bad, I would have love a Feuerhand lamp. :(

She would like something like these:

122099.jpeg

I'm not too crazy about them though...

We want toavoid UCO lamp since they use tea candles and oil / parafin would be perfect.
Also, qui silent since she told me that pressurised lamps are quite noisy (I agree with that).

Any suggestions are more than very welcome !

Thanks chaps :You_Rock_

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I use a lovely brass miner's lamp, with good quality lamp oil there's never a hint of a smell or smoke if you keep the wick in good order; watch out, though, there's loads of modern fakes and knock-offs around and it can be hard to tell when buying online. The quality of the light is great and I can comfortably read with just this; bit heavy for on the trail though!.........................atb mac

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My gf loves the warm atmosphe of these lamps (me too !) but she doesn't want the hurrican lamp look...too bad, I would have love a Feuerhand lamp. :(

She would like something like these:

122099.jpeg

I'm not too crazy about them though...

We want toavoid UCO lamp since they use tea candles and oil / parafin would be perfect.
Also, qui silent since she told me that pressurised lamps are quite noisy (I agree with that).

Any suggestions are more than very welcome !

Thanks chaps :You_Rock_

The ones in the picture give better light than a hurricane lantern; they're what I use at home. But they're nowhere near rugged enough for the outdoors.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE