Day Out Lakeside lunch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nice one. I love that "and we're off" moment when you know the ember has taken, or the firesteel has caught your tinder. I'm lazy these days, I take a gas can and stove, but I still enjoy using the Emberlit. The walks I take usually involve being on estate grounds, not illegal at all, but I don't like to create too much smoke.

Reactions: ScottE

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
I really enjoy using twig stoves, collecting the materials on my way in, getting it lit, getting it up to temperature so it stops smoking, leaving no trace when I'm done.....
Good times.

Reactions: Sundowner

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
I really enjoy using twig stoves, collecting the materials on my way in, getting it lit, getting it up to temperature so it stops smoking, leaving no trace when I'm done.....
Good times.

I hear you. Exactly the same here. But when I'm too lazy to pick up twigs,it's a handful of cat litter which weighs nearly nothing!

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I've always been a staunch "leave no trace" man and hate seeing fire scars in natural environments. This is a great example of responsible and effective use of natural resources. It is a much safer practice in vulnerable areas.
The video has got me to evaluating my over dependence on commercially produced fuel to avoid making unnecessary fires. You can have it both ways.

It does make one realise why matches became so popular though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE