Lake Superior, Gooseberry Falls, and Temperance River

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Haggis

Nomad
Herself and I went out for an overnighter, lots of hiking, and too much food. Any way, we saw some pretty country. I, who almost never carries a pack any further than across a portage, carried a 20# pack from Agate Bay, on Lake to Superior, up hill to the Fifth Falls of Gooseberry River, and back again of course. It's not so far by some standards, but it's steep in places, and lots of uneven footing.

Herself wading in Agate Bay,,, one of 3 stops to put her feet in the water.

Herself below the 1st and 2nd Falls,,, she'll be 60 tomorrow, but still likes to get out there amongst it

Herself at her first sighting of what she had begun to think were the "mythical Fifth Falls"

My tired old shoe, and an IKEA utility drainer full of wood pellets,,,

Having lunch, and a week's worth of cholesterol, on the shore of Lake Superior, at the mouth of the Temperance River,,, and yes, that pot she's filling is full of bacon,,,

Thanks for having a looksee,,,

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
After watching and reading all of Bill Masons stuff, and being a canoeist, I envy you living so close to such a beautiful area.

Haggis

Nomad
After watching and reading all of Bill Masons stuff, and being a canoeist, I envy you living so close to such a beautiful area.

There is much for a canoeist to see and do here, rivers and lakes everywhere, 27,545.2 km2 to explore in the Arrowhead region alone, and just north of Minnesota's 4,400 km2 Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness is Canada's 4,760 km2 Quetico Provincial Park. Bordering the western end of the BWCAW is Voyageurs National Park, and yet more canoeing opportunities. Minnesota is called "the land of 10,000 lakes" but there are far more lakes here than that, and fascinating rivers as well,,,

When I moved here I thought of myself as a year-round hiker, but now it is rare for me to actually set out on a hike in summer, now I canoe, portage, and see the world while setting on my backside.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE