Kydex Sheath Makers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I need a sheath for my Mora Bushcrafter - who here makes sheaths?

Please get in touch.

Muskett

Forager
Mar 8, 2016
East Sussex
Dorset Blades does nice work.

Kydex isn't cheap and someone has to do the work by hand for individual units. Those who are set up and do it regularly generally do a better job than people like me who "give it a go because it looks easy". Add it all up its worth getting someone who is up to speed and it can't be done "cheap as chips". Just saying there needs to be a good reason to have one done.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Good advice Muskett, I can do Kydex, but I cannot do it as cheap or as good as someone like Dorset Blades.

I think It is a good investment, all Mora Bushcrafters should fit in the sheath, so if you bust it just buy another, and the same sheath will work.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Well I've dropped FYGT a PM , I would have thought the potential market is pretty good.

No-one else interested?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Ru Titley makes really nice kydex stuff. Not just knife sheaths. He posts on British Blades, and has his own site:
http://ru-titley-knives.tumblr.com/

Do take care that you have seen enough pictures of people's work. There are a number who make kydex sheaths and the quality can vary enormously. Pretty much what Muskett was saying.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I would wait to hear back from duncan, never actually had any kydex from him but i trust his work generally and he's the one i'd go to if i needed a sheath

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I suspect that you are talking a multiple of the cost of a Mora.

Duncan would be your best bet.

There is this guy on eBay. Unfortunately I had a bad trading experience with him a few years ago but you pays your money and you takes your chances.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222077201646

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE