Kuksa

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Here is my second attempt at a kuksa this one is in birch. It is not sanded just tooled finish.

Birchkuksa3.jpg
[/IMG]

Birchkuksa2.jpg
[/IMG]

Birchkuksa4.jpg
[/IMG]

with the tools for the job
Birchkuksa1.jpg
[/IMG]

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
nice kuksa, i like the tooled finish.
are you going to give it some color by putting it in coffee or just let it get a natural patina through using it?

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks for all teh comments everyone.

nice kuksa, i like the tooled finish.
are you going to give it some color by putting it in coffee or just let it get a natural patina through using it?

I don't like coffee:yuck: but It will gain a patina from use

will you need to seal it or will it seal itself with use.nice piece of work there mate.

I have now oiled it but I didnt oil my last one and its OK

Did you rough the middle out with a power tool or longhand the whole lot? Looks great btw!!

All carved out by hand. The key is green wood it carves much easier and then to dry it slowly.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
That's another great one, I do like your tooled finish.
Thanks Robin

I was tempted by the sand paper but I resisted and I am happy with the finish. It was difficult to get the inside smooth due being difficult to get the knife in at the correct angle but I managed in the end.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Thanks Robin

I was tempted by the sand paper but I resisted and I am happy with the finish. It was difficult to get the inside smooth due being difficult to get the knife in at the correct angle but I managed in the end.

I'll be very interested to see what you make of the group of hooks when they come round to you. Did you make your hook? looks a useful one and seeing what great work you do with it, it clearly works. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE