Knife storage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UKAndyB

Jun 30, 2018
Flintshire. North Wales
Just wondering how you store your knives both at home and whilst away. Its surprising how many you can accumulate (although having 2 scout leaders and a scout in the household certainly helps!!!). Currently have mine in a draw in my desk, one or two in with my kit, one defo in with kitchen knives and 'emergency' small ones in the cars, oh yeah, one in the Landy, nearly forgot the box of Moras under the desk for when scouts start up again!
Any photos appreciated. I have in my mind a nice leather tool roll or tool bag, but sooner spend the money on something more fun !!!
Thanks

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nothing special, I just use an old .50 cal ammo box for my main knives.

The various folders I have are either spread around the house wherever I might need them or I keep one or two in my trouser pockets

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I began wood carving with very conventional gouges .
I recall that each carving was bigger than the previous one so I "needed" more and bigger gouges.
This tool roll is sewn up from 1.5 legs of my old blue jeans. I need to have 4 of these rolls.

Denim Tool Roll.jpg

Then 10 years ago or less, I switched to mostly the crooked knives and adzes common to the First Nations carvers here in the Pacific Northwest. Many of the knives are modified farrier's hoof knives. I built this box when I believed that I had all the knife shapes I needed. There are 2 more adzes and 12 more crooked knives that don't fit in here. I still don't know what to do to store them. Then, there's the draw knife and the spoke shaves and the list goes on.

NEW PICTURES 007.JPG

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I usually have one in my pocket, two or three larger ones somewhere in the truck, one in each tackle box, one I a prepacked day bag I keep handy, and the rest scattered around the house.

Reactions: UKAndyB

UKAndyB

Jun 30, 2018
Flintshire. North Wales
Might look into one of the motorcycle leather tool bags. The only cheap ones are faux leather though. Anything that seems designed for knives are for kitchen ones (ie no sheath). Thanks for the input so far though. Appreciate it.

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Might look into one of the motorcycle leather tool bags. The only cheap ones are faux leather though. Anything that seems designed for knives are for kitchen ones (ie no sheath). Thanks for the input so far though. Appreciate it.
I have a friend who does something similar. He uses the tool rolls you’d normally roll up files or wrenches (spaneeds) Like what RV posted as home made in post #4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE