Knife identification please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bbdave

Forager
Feb 19, 2007
Teignmouth,Devon
I bought this knife off a guy at the car boot for £10, it has markings anyone have any idea of maker etc.

20160724_180136_zpsflxkr7qg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160724_180159_zpsy7mvxkzt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dave

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
If you google western w49 bowie there are various adverts and bits and pieces about it.....looks like a bargain if the prices being asked that I spotted at a quick glance were anything to go by.

D.B.

bbdave

Forager
Feb 19, 2007
Teignmouth,Devon
Hi thanks I have just Googled it and yes plenty of info I think I'll ebay it as it's to big for me really but it seems a lot of knife for the money.

Dave

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi thanks I have just Googled it and yes plenty of info I think I'll ebay it as it's to big for me really but it seems a lot of knife for the money.

T'is a beast of a knife for sure.

With regards to selling it on you do know that Ebay UK prohibits the sale of knives?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

No... it wasn't. I am quite right in my original statement.

Taken directly from EBay UK's sellers guidelines

[FONT=&amp]Knives are not permitted for sale on eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie with limited exceptions outlined below.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]When listing knives on eBay, members should be aware that it is an offence to market a knife in a way which indicates or suggests that it is suitable for combat, or is likely to encourage violent behaviour involving the use of the knife as a weapon. It is also an offence to sell knives to a person who is under the age of 18.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

iconAllowed_25x25.gif

Allowed

• Dining cutlery sets that include knives used for eating
  • Letter openers
  • Razor blades and surgical blades
  • Tools such as chisels, axes, saws and hoof trimming tools
iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif

Not allowed
Items that are not allowed include, but are not limited to:
  • Disguised knives such as belt buckle knives, lipstick case knives, air gauge knives and writing pen knives
  • Martial arts blunt training knives
  • Multi-tool knives and craft knives
  • Pocket knives, folding knives and clasp knives
  • Push daggers
  • Sharp kitchen knives (as in pair blocks), cake knives, carving knives, pairing knives, oyster knives and electric knives
  • Stealth, throwing, ballistic, grivory and rubber knives, Swiss Army knives, Stanley knives and Leathermans
  • Switchblade, spring-blade knives, snap-blade knives, gravity knives, stiletto knives and butterfly knives

The knives you linked to were from sellers outside of the UK and listed on places like Ebay AUS which show up in searches

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE