Knife for my brother...hilted in oak..sneak preview

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok...here tis....lovely blade by Perrari (ER Knives)....just about done....taking a break from it cos its stressing me lol....long story short....have only seen my eldest brother a coupla times in last few years and in about ten days hes coming from singapore to stay with me for a few days....out of the blue a while ago he asks me to make him a 'classic' bushcraft knife....4mm 01 carbon steel...croatian oak, mosaic pins with red liners. still needs a bit more sanding but the sun came out so took a quick pic...am going to get some colron clear danish recommended by hillbill then my brother can choose how he wants it oiled when he gets here....dark or light. he also wanted a chunkier handle similar to what i like and left square not rounded at the back....and he also wanted a brown sheath but as you saw the other day i didnt follow that guideline and did the embossed mahogany one instead...think i'll knock up a brown one in case hes set on that lol. am now making a matching firesteel...will put up pics of the whole thing together when steel is done.

a

DOUG1LOW.jpg

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice work mate, more detail to the handles now, your progressing nicely, leaps and bounds mate, it comes with experience :)

Jul 13, 2012
Abermule
That looks superb!!

I'm working on a woodlore clone myself.... hope it comes out as good as yours.... what did you use to get the good looking scandi bevel??

Jul 13, 2012
Abermule
Here's my attempt at something looking a bit like a woodlore....

Please bear in mind it's my first attempt.... I'm happyish with it... plenty of room for improvement.....

IMG_20120917_080303_zpsec736b62.jpg

Ricasso is quite poor but hopefully will get better with practice...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE