Klymit sleeping mat durability

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
I've just seen those super lightweight skeleton frame sleeping mats which look interesting. Does anyone have one, and how durable is it?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Which type, the one which is supposed to go in the bag with you and looks like someone punched holes in it or the *really* quite out there and supposedly anatomical one?

I have a V. I've had it a couple of years and liken it to a technical crisp packet ;) . I like it though and find it comfortable ~ I don' roll off it like I did with my thermarests :eek: . It has little to no insulating qualities (some in the range do), so if I expect cold I put a ccf mat under it ;) . I'm happy to kneel on it when it's fully inflated. Not knowing the brand, it's not well known in the UK, I bought a cush pillow first. I consider both to have been good purchases ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
It looks (to me) as if it's intended to be used inside the sleeping bag. The holes wouldn't compress the bag's loft and you'd be a bit warmer. I admit that I've not looked in a while but the reviews were good when I was on the look to replace my thermarests ;)

The breaths to inflate are accurate (providing you have normal lung capacity and function). The valve may have changed but the one on mine is twist and pull to open, push and twist to close and lock. Other brands are likely just as easy to use and nice and secure in use.

I looked at the Inertia part of the range but plumped for the V purely because I'm a side sleeper who tends to fidget when asleep. Not knowing how the Inertia would react, I played safe :eek:

With hindsight would I risk it and go with one of the Inertia range? Probably, yes :D (This is not to say that I'd enjoy it in use, just that I've been impressed by the V mat and the cush ;) ). Sometimes you have to be the first to try something and be the point where it all started ... or fell :dunno: ???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE