kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Anonymous

Your brain, although that is not really kit........A good knife or Axe

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
For bushcraft - Knowledge followed by your knife.

For life - clean underpants in case you stop a bus with your face.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Without a doubt, knowledge.
Followed by a knife.

Add a good dash of sense of humour! :-D

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Knowledge/training is the best bit of kit, followed by the edged tool of your choice that you can do the most with :cool:

Oh I nearly forgot......BEER !!! :-D

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
You could always leave the knife at home, drink the beer and make a knife out of the empty cans or bottles! :-D :biggthump :mrgreen: :uu: :ekt:

maddave said:
Knowledge/training is the best bit of kit, followed by the edged tool of your choice that you can do the most with :cool:

Oh I nearly forgot......BEER !!! :-D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
sorry about this but i'm opting for brain power too!

any amount of kit good or bad can help or hinder you, it's getting the best out of what you have that is important!

i like most equipment-wise would opt for a cutting tool but , if you loose it it's worthless to you!

you have the knowledge to find cutting implements and find ways of not having to cut stuff, millions apon millions of cavemen did and survived and adapted as they saw fit! the whole point of bushcraft is to bring back that self relient world again so we can teach others!

so yes, the brain is the kit for me! :wink:

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
If I had to go out my front door just now, I think I'd probably want a lighter. I know I'd be able to get enough wood by hand to have a decent fire all night, and since I haven't yet mastered fire by friction, I'd need something to get it going, of course if 1 box of matches counts as one piece of kit then I'd take that instead. Or maybe, when I think about it, maybe just a decent sleeping bag because my already built debris shelter would keep any rain/snow off.

Longer term I reckon making some sort of cutting tool would be easier to improvise from found items whilst I learned to make fire by friction so I probably would keep the lighter.

cheers
Justin

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Sorry but YOUR brain does'nt count. :lol:
So it has to be a knife. The knife can cut your bow drill, and wood for you shelter, cut that cordage that it took you solong to make, and fasion traps.....
Rich

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
That red light on knight rider was the last of the cylons! :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE