Kit recommendations for truck trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
This may belong in the Transport forum but I will press on regardless, hopefully a nearby Mod will re-direct if needs be.

Later this year I will be starting a new job :eek:): driving a sodding great Articulated rig across Europe, Scandinavia etc. I wondered if I could pic everyones brains and get some ideas regarding kit options for my cab.

I have to cover First Aid/Medical, Storage (rucksack/holdall etc), Cooking (stove et al), Sleeping and emergency shelter and lighting (I see Petzl in my future) I will be running solo so if it goes pear shaped out in the sticks of Moldovia or Spain, I am on my own until assistance arrives.

I have got a few ideas with the kit but I have no doubt that some of the more experienced travellers here can think of 'must haves' that I will miss.

One drawback is that the kit has to stand a multitude of inspections at various customs stopovers and must comply with local regs ( :shock: ). It also had to be compact although weight isn't an issue as a 40 tonne Scania will be doing the legwork.

Feel free to says nuts if you think this isn't particularly bushcrafty but all opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Sean.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I'd get a few army ration packs as you have a meal that will be ok for ten years and if you really need to you can eat them straight out of the packet.
Some hand warmers would be a good idea as well. A torch with lithium batteries in it would be a safer bet then other battery types as they will also lithiums have a shelf life of ten years. They do them in standard AA size now
a small trowel may come in handy along with a roll of loo paper

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE