Kit bag, work bag, man bag thing needed!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
I had thought of the 45l version but the 30l actually looks more appropriate. Sticking on a couple of molle util or bottle pouches would be an advantage.
I think that with all the ideas I have been offered I am a bit clearer in the head.
A compact man bag and a fairly roomy daysack is in order. I actually have a satchel and a daysack already but the reality is that they are rubbish. The finnish gas mask bag is a little too small and simple. The highlander forces 33 is also a bit small and a bit crappy.
In brief I guess I just want some nice kit.

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
Thanks for the link to the pakoma. I like it but I want one with no padding. It may be just a silly personal preference but i want less bulk and fuss to the bag. I guess that is why the Fjallraven shoulder bag looks so tempting. It is also a more compact size.

I found the belstaff website but no colonial product. The website looks pricey!

The Fjallraven vintage 30l rucksack looks the most tempting from all the pieces of kit on offer. I really like the simple design and traditional materials. Also, it looks like there is less faffing to get into the bag and get the bits you want. To get things out of my current daysack it feels like I am delivering a baby.

Another point. Fjallraven option- £75 shoulder bag + £105 rucksack = £180.
Army surplus option- French leather lined satchel £15 + german army mountain rucksack £15= £30.

Any thoughts?
Nick

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
A Bugout 3 days Pass Rucksack does all of what you describe!- I have one and very nice kit!

There is one on ebay at the moment

The other choice is the Blaclhawk Advanced Grab bag- it might be to small for you.

Hope that helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE