King Alfred's Cakes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Don't have to travel far,these were in the garden earlier this year.
3ab92862.jpg

Andrew

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Hi All,

Tagging on to this rthread because of its title. Went out yesterday with my eldest for a romp around the Forest of Dean and came accross a standing dead tree covered in King Alfred cakes. I collected a load so that I can use them to show the scouts fire lighting with them. What would anyone recommend as the best way to store them for later use?

Many Thanks

Rich

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Hi All,

Tagging on to this rthread because of its title. Went out yesterday with my eldest for a romp around the Forest of Dean and came accross a standing dead tree covered in King Alfred cakes. I collected a load so that I can use them to show the scouts fire lighting with them. What would anyone recommend as the best way to store them for later use?

Many Thanks

Rich

Not in a tub ware pot where it gets all clammy and is non breathable. I just put it on the windown sill.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Definately less King Alfred's cakes down in Devon than some other parts of the country. I live near Woodbury Common (near Exmouth) and spend a lot of time there but have only ever seen a few, whereas there's loads in the Oxford araea where I used to live

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE