Kilts!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Evening all,

Anyone in this parish a kilt wearer? Avid Cornish tartan wearer for functions like the obligatory wedding and am very fond of wearing them more so day to day and at work. I've seen the 5.11 ones and the price they ask; can anyone offer up where to find a good functional kilt version of work trousers?
Thanks in advance; and no, they're not a skirt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Cheers Joe; seen that one but my days of dpm are long over! Was looking for more plain and natural colours like og, coyote, khaki, etc.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have the full highland rig, kilt in Elliott modern tartan, Argyle Jacket and matching waistcoat, strictly special occasions only. My sporran, I made myself, likewise the hilt for my sgian dubh, and scabbard and hilt for a dirk as well. Oh and an Inverness cape for good measure.

I also have a cheap modern utilikilt knock off, but it does not either hang as well or feel like a made to measure kilt.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Hi this might be what you are after..... a "swally kilt" around 70 quid from Debonair based in Ayr http://highlander.uk.com/index.html

A quality kilt in every sense of the word (a functional kilt version of work trousers) but not as heavy as a traditional 8 yards kilt & "if you're oot fur a swally " & get ****** it doesn't matter quite so much if it gets messed up a little it is what it is meant for...

Give them a call & ask about their "swally kilt"

Debonair

6-10, Kyle Street, Ayr.

01292-288808

Last edited:

mr_magicfingers

May 15, 2012
London
I've a utilikilt which is a fabulous thing. Not cheap, particularly when ordering from the UK but I had a friend bring one over for me from the US which saved a lot of money.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Thanks for the replies folks. Yep, the 5.11 is pretty bombers so far, I've seen the utilikilt and the price seems extortionate!! I'll keep looking for more sale 5.11 kilts as I can justify the price easier with work and play!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE