Killing the fire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It was the right thing to do, it was the responsible thing to do, but pouring water on what had been such a happy, warming, lively fire that had fed us, kept us warm and entertained us tonight whilst we put the world to right (as much as 6 middle aged white straight men could do...) felt sacrilegious. I could have stayed up to watch it burn but once the company had left, the lure of a comfortable bed was strong.

The charred lumps will dry out and we'll burn again - it's a permanent fire site - but I'm left with a certain melancholy at having turned out the lights...

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I know. Mom was the one to pour water on the fire. Some nights, it was the fire of ambition and enthusiasm. You gotta rig the bed so you can keep one eye on the fire as it settles for the night. Starting wet charcoals in the morning really stinks. You will be back. That's optimism.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm obviously incompetent as it was still smoking this morning, despite overnight rain. I kicked a few lumps of charcoal back into the main fire area and poured half a beer on it that was left over from last night and the next time I looked, it had burst into flames

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Hey man who better to put the world to rights really, come on now. Sheesh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE