Killer Or Killed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Whilst out and about this morning I came across an oak tree that would make an excellent place to hang a hammock and just chill out for a bit.
Here it is:

oSjZhm6V8CMPiE5J167pyDQhlT_Tlojq6NHtBRteVhMNKGkNmviLgAXwKTCpuQYquBZlJ-v8nVWuqfFzBAmpjRogPTynChbHxmTu1ffORmA2-vA07dDit46iUUQ3c3XnogYvrMilQIzz6jxQCpZDRB8flT4a1tDgv_wis1odPybosrQ0THoP6JH-Qu8SgOSaL0katzsw3lzzwuHFHkZX3jRS3G7V7iMpTJ-nX4SNnusNrtvObL0Y9xSLNFdh0RzXfvprWq8goe_Zpw9K2Kk1akFVoGsKjohMozZ_72KWFkDFG4mNIEc8qXseXfzetldB52I66Pdzz1x1Nx3gxI876Wq2zXbGM1gRm1WmRsW_hw3MkKAJDJIT-72G4xvXy3z4qd0XwlkAgXbUNm9YQIpTZybrFZN_AiDpwvV3oIpeC9Tbd0iyxwmZznWmU9VAjQ9i4F4Lq2MJREdQ3uX2QrRxBczmFjEsWr9kyCV2SbWKL-z_b9ws3iHwe9_H5aYJHEp4ZD9a_Oxgv-n4aGIqScQFzTSKVnUyjNl8e1J1n2zXV6SBZr2vm4pYzw3izd0oz6HsGG3iS1CbEcllcmKWUCeOzMKH3PDp7oweM4b9rIkHo-5KsFzr_Xc0AxKSR-v4tvPbZQhcYWa82V63WP-QgHbYETXu7ADlcgM=w686-h438-no

What I was thinking was, that I could tie the hammock between points A and B. They're about 3 metres apart and about 1 metre off the ground. It'd make a great place.
But as you can see, it's already shed a couple of limbs.
I did just grab hold of both limbs to see if they could hold me.
I suppose there's only one way to find out.
Just wondered what you all thought. Have I found a killer place to hang in a hammock, or a place to be killed whilst hanging in a hammock?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
No picture. I had a look at the link in the IMG tags, and that doesn't go anywhere either. Looks like it could be something linked to Google.

Easiest way to know if your picture is going to work, if you can get the image on screen all by itself, and the URL ends in .jpg then you can paste that into the post with the image tool. There are other ways, like you might be able to right click and "copy image address", or the service (like Flikr) might offer a Share BBCode link.

ATB

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Hmm...the image is there for me.
I used to use Flickr, and that was absolutely fine.
However, for some reason, I can no longer log in to Flickr so...that appears to be that!
So I put the pictures into Google Pictures and tried linking from there using IMG tags.
But that's giving me jip. This isn't the first time I've had problems linking to images stored in Google Pictures.
Bugger bugger bugger.

No picture. I had a look at the link in the IMG tags, and that doesn't go anywhere either. Looks like it could be something linked to Google.

Easiest way to know if your picture is going to work, if you can get the image on screen all by itself, and the URL ends in .jpg then you can paste that into the post with the image tool. There are other ways, like you might be able to right click and "copy image address", or the service (like Flikr) might offer a Share BBCode link.

ATB

Yeah, aware of all that and tried it.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Is there any sort of privacy thing on the Google Pictures? Something that recognises you, but won't let anyone else view the image?
Odd :(

I just had to re-set my Flikr password, strange timing!

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Well, there's only one way to find out - give it a go.
It's a lovely spot.
Tying the hammock to the two low-hanging branches meant it had a bit of a spring. Still not entirely sure how safe it is, but if one of the limbs did shed then I suppose I should be OK since they're either side of. Right..?

48381084886_c869de3a42_c.jpg

48381084891_cb82f5bfdd_c.jpg

48381223117_c3d0538661_c.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Is there any sort of privacy thing on the Google Pictures? Something that recognises you, but won't let anyone else view the image?
Odd :(

I just had to re-set my Flikr password, strange timing!

You and loads of others. Even password reset links are failing. And that’s when Flickr can be bothered to send them.

That’s a lovely place to hang a hammock, they won’t break.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Yes, it is a lovely spot.
In the first picture you can see an Elizabethan manor house in the distance. Between the manor house and hammock is a deer park and the barking of the deer can always be heard. There's a pair of buzzards that are often circling overhead, a kestrel also hunts over the field, and I've even seen a little owl. Not only that, but foxes criss-cross the meadow, woodpeckers of one kind or another can always be heard, the cockerels from a nearby farm call the hours, in the autumn the poplars are full of fieldfares, I've seen grass snakes in the stream at the bottom of the field on more than one occasion, and the butterflies and grasshoppers are abundant.
All very bucolic and just a great place to while away an afternoon.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Looks good to me :) as long as there's no dead ones above you of course.

Exactly, that's the killer. Even just taking photos in the forests I generally check for dead wood from up above, wouldnt wat my camera and tripod getting damaged.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE