Kestrel Trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
More trouser questions! Has anybody tried out Country Innovation's Kestrel trousers. They seem a possibility but I am curious about the "Innovation XL Lining". What is that and how does it feel on the skin?
Anybody know?

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I have seen them as there shop is just down the road from where I live.
They are very well made and tough they are perfect for what they built for ie,birdwatching fishing ect.
However if you do a lot of treking they would be to warm as they have two layers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have the Kestrel smock which is a couple of years old but I think it has the same lining, I'd describe it as similar to a pertex feel. It breathes well but I don't know if it would get clammy against the skin or not.

I tend to wear my smock over a long sleeve Ullfrotte so I've never really noticed it. Are the trews more of an over trouser rather than being worn alone ?

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Makes them too warm when exerting yourself,mind you I run very hot when doing even very little.:rolleyes:

They are a wear alone trouser Rich btw.

Another trouser to look at is the Laksen buffalos,very well made,I have a pair and they sell c. £70-£80 iirc.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Thanks for these replies; the "pertex feel" especially - I'm looking at Ventile because I'm around fires a lot (and I like natural fibres), so maybe the Kestrels aren't for me. Pity, they look a great trouser.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Thanks for these replies; the "pertex feel" especially - I'm looking at Ventile because I'm around fires a lot (and I like natural fibres), so maybe the Kestrels aren't for me. Pity, they look a great trouser.

You can take the lining out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE