Kelly Kettles.........

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Ok chaps.

I don't think these need an introduction:rolleyes: have used mine for over 12 years now and I can you that it doesn't look anything like these........it is now more of square shape but works an absolute treat but here is some info;

Before cheap flights and growth of good transport links, the western part of Ireland was particularly remote, and the winter nights must have seemed very long. In order to while away the evenings some of the Irish crofters used to craft a simple water boiler in copper using hand tools - for fisherman, itinerant workers and tourists. This proved to be highly effective and efficient.

The Eydon Kettle Company, modified the design and implemented modern manufacturing techniques in the early 1970s. So the heritage and satisfaction with the Storm Kettle continues.

Nowadays they can be found in the Solomon Islands, helping remote islanders boil water to purify it, in remote parts of southern Africa, where dried cattle dung is used by the Zulus as fuel and in the Sahara Desert on expeditions.
How The Storm Kettle Works

Fill the Kettle with water. Light a small fire in the base of the Storm Kettle, you can use a sheet of newspaper to start it, followed by small twigs, cones, dry grass or even camel dung if you have it!

Put the kettle on to the base, more fuel can be added through the top when necessary. Never boil with the cork in! The water in the double skin surrounding the chimney boils quickly as heat from the fire passes up the centre. Once the Kettle has boiled, use the handle and the chain from the cork to help you pour the water safely.

Have one of each size for sale. The Original Storm Kettle is a 2.5 pint kettle and the The Popular is 2 pints.......
Both £36 each including P+P

KettlesBoth160x150.jpg

Also have one of these cooking kits
£10
StormCookKit67x120.jpg

Please send PM for Paypal address or more details.

Best wishes.

jack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE