kelly kettle goup buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
I have a big version that mostly lives in the car, and it's great ... so one for the bag would be sweet.

I'd be up for the small one then, and depending on price - maybe more than one ...

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
I'm up for a mini-sized one to match my 2 1/2 pint one (which I can heartily recommend, along with the cookset) - again, price-dependant...

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
at the moment i'm waiting for a price from the makers. once i get a price i'll post it and then everyone can confirm their orders. up until that point it's all up in the air i'm afraid.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Wayland, I cannot comment on the "other" make, as I have never handled or seen one in the flesh. What I do know is that the true Kelly Kettle is a well made item that simply lasts and lasts. I bought my original model about 15 years ago, and it's still going strong. It's provided welcome brews for countless fishing trips, shooting days and general "playing in the woods" days.No leaks. No problems. The whole concept of the thing is so simple that there is nothing to go wrong other than a seam going (which I've personally never heard of happening) or the kettle becoming damaged by being squashed or dented beyond use, and lets face it, you can break just about anything if you try, so I cannot see the "other" make being any more resilient than the true Kelly Kettle.

From my own experience with the original 2 1/2 pint model, I would say that you can order with confidence.

Edit to add that I am definitely in on the deal for at least 2 of the 1 Pint kettles if all goes to plan.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Mine is an original Kelly kettle - although dented from Camel Trophy service, and furred up inside from hard water, it is completely serviceable and doesn't leak. The base that holds the fire is a bit bent and distorted. The cork and chain needed replacing but kelly Kettle provided spares at trivial cost.

I've never tried the competitors versions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE