Kayak Canoe Netherlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Guys and Gals..

Im planning a trip this weekend to a smallish island in the middle of the ijsellmeer, I will take my sea kayak my camping gear (hammock wood stove tea bags!) and be enjoying a peaceful few days out and I got to thinking...

Maybe there are others that would like to organise a few trips using this method of travel..

As I am a qualified Kayak coach (in the uk) so I can give you a few tips on paddling techniuque on the way.

I do have another two spare boats but these are a play boat and a river runner, just got rid of my large!! open canoe as I needed the space.. So if you want to try out I have some boats let me know if your intereted we can organise something later..

Simon

Pantalaimon

Forager
May 19, 2008
Utrecht, Netherlands
I think it will be De Kreupel?

Its sounds a really good idea! But my weekends are full, this weekend I will be in Limburg.
And in the first weekend I'm gonna take the solo canoe course at Herbie Bird.

If you have more of these good idea's, give a shout!

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hey Simon,

what Island are you going to?

I dont think the island im going to has a name its to small ;)

I was looking at the smaller island in the ijselmeer these have large population of wild animals and for photos and such I wouldn't mind learning some tracking skills to and as these are not really allowed islands the amount of footprints are going to minimum.

The wadden islands are also a possible but they would take me I guess about 2-4 hours to get there if I was solo paddling depending on the tides (never crossed there but I been told the tides are really quite heavy) But for the islands in the ijseljmeer most are within 1 hour paddling or less so for beginners and just for smaller trips these are better..
Allso the fact that there should be nobody else there this time of year especially.

Well this weekend I'm probably going to attempt a few islands during the day to check out the landings and possible camping sites. Ill report back if successful..

David.from.Holland

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2008
Holland
Hi Simon, I would love to join you on a canoe/camping trip sometime. Maybe practice some bushcraft while were there. The weekend of 27/28 is still free. Let me know what you think about the possibilities after your recon mission ;)

David

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hi Simon, I would love to join you on a canoe/camping trip sometime. Maybe practice some bushcraft while were there. The weekend of 27/28 is still free. Let me know what you think about the possibilities after your recon mission ;)

David

Sorry next weekend I am in Valkensward on the bushy weekend maybe you should come along we can chat about it then but other times ill be free of course!

I do have a spare river boat its not very fast and you can pack that much gear in it but it would work for small trips and I have a spare paddle to ;)

Let me know im free most weekends!! when im not planned in by the home agenda!! (wife) maybe we should start up a google calander for everybody easier to plan ;)

Yes the ide was kayak to a place where one could practise whatever be it bushcraft tracking etc etc

Let me know when you have another window..
Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE