Kathmandu Treking Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
So...
I used to have a 2.5x2.5 Kathmandu Sil Nylon Tarp which was crazy lightweight and had a super small pack size.

Fantastic bit of kit:cool:

Only thing is I think I have lost it ( I can't find anyways):(

So the question is are they still trading? I seem to remember that the guy who ran the company had passed on, and although the website still shows up on a search, I wouldn't want to hassle anyone with a call or e-mail.

Anybody Know?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I was told that the guy who owned it passed away and his widow didn't wan't to run it, so closed it down. I was told by a shop owner who was a kathmandu dealer.

Its a shame if its true, I liked some of their stuff.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Well there is a shop just off Oxford Street trading as Kathmandu, I would presume they are the same outfit.

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
Kathmandu Trekking are not the same as the Kathmandu stuff you buy in Oxford Street. I've got a Kathmandu Trekking bivvy bag. Good quality piece of kit & thoroughly recommended. I was thinking of getting a new basha from them but picked up a ripstop dpm poncho for a fiver at a car boot. I would pick up the phone & give them a ring or send them an email. I'm sure they wouldnt mind a phone call even if they have stopped trading.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Yes you are right Kathmandu Trekking has ceased trading. I found that out after emailing them from their website.

I bought one from Bison Bushcraft at the Outdoor Show in 2009. It is the stock left over when it was closed down. Bison Bought it up IIRC. Anyway, They don't have many of it left Only one size now and not the 2.5m square one (which is the one I have and use). One word of caution, I am not convinced the stuff now being sold off at Bison is first quality. Mine looked perfect but one of the central lifters and loops on the ridgeline has one corner of the webbing cut away somehow but it has left a triangular hole in the tarp. I spotted it on my first trip in it. It doesn't seem to leak but thats not to say it won't. I really must try to seal it somehow. If you do get onee make sure you check it out thoroughly before using it.

They are really good tarps but the 3m DD tarp for £30 is actually lighter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE