Karabiners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Shewie

Get another 2 of those O rings(2 for each end). Lay them one on to of another - Larks foot them through the Hammock loop to form an old fashoin belt buckle type thing.

Them all you have to do is tye the webbing to the trees thread it through the buckle and just pull to the desired length.

About 1/2 way down - Ring Buckles on webbing:

http://www.tothewoods.net/HammockCampingSuspension.html

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I see what you're saying Ed, but with this setup it's nice to be able to just unclip the hammock during the day if it's not needed and then come night time there's no re-tying or messing about to do, just snap the krabs back in and get some ZZZZ's.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I like a krab on my hammock.
As has been said, it provides a nice drip point for the tapes, preventing water running down into the hammock, also in winter, wet knotted tapes can freeze.
If everything is clipped in with krabs you can get the setup disassembled with frozen knots.

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
not really a carabiner but if your not using it for climbing... b and q do connectors for chain link that would do the job or find an ex climber who has a couple of second hand crabs as there is no market for second hand climbing kit for safety reasons that wouldnt apply to your usage.

There's usually plenty of this sort of stuff on fleabay. I got some good intalian alloys snaps fo a couple of quid. as long as you don't climb with them or apply high shock loadiongs, they'll be perfectly ok for hammocking.. no need spending many £££'s

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE