Just to say YAY!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have always said the best way to find free wood for carving is to keep asking any tree surgeon types you see about, you may get lucky you may find its all going to be chipped or you may get a no,

Whilst taking a bimble to the spar for some lard(dairy milk bars) I spotted a chap, up a tree bearing all the signs which lead me to believe him to be a tree chopping chap, a quick chat and I have free reign over any of the piles of wood that are popping up around the airfield as they fell and trim the London plain, maple, sycamore, oak and other trees as part of the maintenance programme:D:D:D:D

just been for the first load of lace wood, spoon tonight and then THE WORLD!!!!! MUWHAHAHAAHAHH!

so keep asking around chaps, 20 no's and a yes means yes!

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
I did the same thing here, now I get all the the wood I can use, Delivered.
I also did the same, by asking a great bloke on here, he kindley gave me a good selection of wood for carving which is seasoning nicely in my canoe shed, and after talking with him about fire wood he came up trumps with quite a few loads birch. which I was very happy with, top man Lee
Cheers
Bill

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I also did the same, by asking a great bloke on here, he kindley gave me a good selection of wood for carving which is seasoning nicely in my canoe shed, and after talking with him about fire wood he came up trumps with quite a few loads birch. which I was very happy with, top man Lee
Cheers
Bill

Excellent.:bigok:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE