Just to brag.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
2 1/2 to 3 lb brown caught earlier this month on the upper Wye in Wales. Purely showing off as he was a lovely fish.

Brown2.jpg

I feel slightly bad as he was obviously coming into breeding condition.

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
I probably shouldn't admit to this, but, as it was a new swim to me, I was using ledgered worm, just to see what might bite. I really wasn't expecting this.

Come mid-June I will definitely be getting the fly gear out though, could be a cracking stretch of water.

Last edited:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Nice catch :) I really should get around to sorting out all my fishing gear and getting out to our local rivers as I havn't fished in ages:(..... I only seem to do the odd day here and there beach casting at the coast.

Ed

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
That's one fine fish. Now, sort out the flies, and build a smoker...

The farmer who owns the fishing rights (which he has gven to me gratis) says that, come Autumn, there are salmon as well as browns. I may well be taking some time off work. The smoker is on the cards if the stretch (about two miles) lives up to expectations.

ETA this was my first fish (of any species) from this stretch so the signs are good.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE