Just Got My Permission!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
I've just got back from a meeting with a farm manager and have been granted use of a wood and grasslands on a rural estate in Lincs. I'm absolutely over the moon. I have permission to camp, have fires and hunt rabbit and squirrel.

I have yet to explore the woodland, only longingly looked at it on Google Earth, as it is a bit of a hike to access it so he just showed me from his Landy. It is in beautiful setting though, and more than anything its mine! Well, you know what i mean :eek:

Anyways, just wanted to share :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've just got back from a meeting with a farm manager and have been granted use of a wood and grasslands on a rural estate in Lincs. I'm absolutely over the moon. I have permission to camp, have fires and hunt rabbit and squirrel.

I have yet to explore the woodland, only longingly looked at it on Google Earth, as it is a bit of a hike to access it so he just showed me from his Landy. It is in beautiful setting though, and more than anything its mine! Well, you know what i mean :eek:

Anyways, just wanted to share :D

Nice one Simon,

If you need kit running in, I'll happily throw it in the back of the LandCruiser and run it in for you

Red

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Simon, everything a man could want right there. Should be a great way to introduce your wife to some proper outdoors as well. Enjoy it fella!

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Nice one! what did you say to the landowner when asking their permission? what i mean is, what were your selling points? did you offer them anything in return for giving you their permission? I'm currently in the process of trying to get permission but can't find out who the bloody owner is

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Cheers everyone for the congrats :)

not sure yet mesquite, got north wood next weekend but i've no work between now and then so i might sneak in a cheeky one early in the week, maybe tues. this weekend is all about the other half so its definitely out.

Hugh, thanks for the very kind offer, but i can get close enough in my hatchback to be dropped off within a reasonable hike.

Bushcraftsman, I was lucky with who i knew really, i used to play football with one of the blokes high up in the farm and he got me a meeting with the main main. When I met him I just explained the leave no trace philosophy, talked about my love of wildlife and the outdoors, gave the impression, ahem, of being a responsible adult that would cause him no problems. There's rabbits everywhere so he was more than happy for me to hunt them, i just need to call him ahead of time when i'm hunting and/or camping.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Congrats Simon, nothing quite like it is there, the feeling of getting a permission has to rank right up there with the first bow drill ember

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Thanks again fellas for the congrats :D Have to take your word for the ember kepis, but having tried a couple of times and failed I can well believe it. I might even try to get a bow drill ember going, on my new permission :) I woke up this morning, fed the cat and then I remembered and i actually started giggling. Like a schoolgirl!

And you're right bushcraftsman, it's normally who you know.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
nice 1. hope it all goes well. wishing i could have a bit of land too. will just have to be content with walking in the woods near me.

When I was 16 I got permission on 1,000 acres of land and my next door neighbour who was an old man was fuming. How on earth did you get that he said I've been wanting to shoot on that land for years!!!! Simply I said; I asked!

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I'm glad for you but also glad for myself as I do not have to ask permissions everytime I want to go somewhere new or someone's forest! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE