Just another newbie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 25, 2011
North West
Just thought I'd say howdo - bushcraft is something I've been sort of interested in for a while, but always discounted due to the erroneous idea that I'd have pay someone loads of money for the privilege of getting wet and uncomfortable and wouldn't be allowed to change me undies for a month. However, an idle mooch on the internet threw this forum up and after a bit of reading of the posts I've learnt there's a ton of knowledge at my doorstep and that a weekend introduction is not hugely expensive.

So, that's what I'm going to do - any suggestions of a good intro course in the NW (though am prepared to travel for quality) would be welcomed.

I have to confess that I'm still undecided about it being a good thing or not that all you bushcraft types are normal people who don't use nettles for underwear - I feel strangely let down!

T

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... I have to confess that I'm still undecided about it being a good thing or not that all you bushcraft types are normal people who don't use nettles for underwear...

Well I leave all my nettles for the birds so true enough, I have no such underwear. But I'm not sure I've met anyone on this forum who could be described as normal. :)

Welcome to the nuthouse. :) :campfire: :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE