Just a carved cup.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
It's very rare that I get time to do any carving so please excuse me posting a rather rudimentary 'kuksa'. I make knives normally :)

I suspect the wood is ash although it dosen't look much like it....

8582640055_86be5a167c_z.jpg

Comments always welcome :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's not rudimentary, it's just right - I think it looks grand, and very nice finish.........................atb mac

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thanks for the compliments.

In truth it looks better in the photo than in the flesh but I enjoyed making it. Planning to pour myself a large whisky later on to start the 'seasoning' process :)

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
It drinks just fine thanks :)

A little on the small side for the morning coffee but ideal for something stronger by the fire.

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thanks Nic. Yeah one of my little carvers and a svante darj spoon knife for the bowl. I recon I could do with one of your Fawcett knives to get a really nice finish in the bowl though.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
I don't think the Fawcett pattern has enough hook to reach the bottom of something that size, have a few other more hooked options that would do it well though. Lets see the carver then!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE