Jumpers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
What's the collectives favourite jumpers for out and about?

Looking for ideas although i find the heavy quilted shooting type far too warm,i prefer a breeze to be able to blow through for cooling.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hiya,

Big advocate of wool and have had a couple of good Nordic jumpers, fave at the moment is a heavy oiled wool one like this

Cosy and great round camp. Also good under waxed/oiled coats.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Just to be a bit left field on this one ( I do have the usual army jumpers too). You can now find a lot of unissued British police jumpers (In Black) online at the moment. They even do fat sizes. They are mid weight and 100% Wool. They look surprisingly smart and comfortable too. The only drawback with them is (as I have found) that they snag easily because it is not a tight weave.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hand knit Aran, Guernsays or Icelandic style Lopi ones :D

Brilliant kit; warm, breathable, hard wearing and very comfortable.
I've just tidied up an Aran that I knitted twenty years ago for HWMBLT and it's still sound, still his favourite jumper. It's blue and over the years the colour has mellowed and softened so much that when I found the little ball I kept for darning to repair a snagged cuff I had to bleach the colour our a bit to make it match :rolleyes: It still looks good :)

Lopi knits up very quickly indeed, it's not complicated and not beyond any man to manage to do his own :)

atb,
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
1074882_2
This was another favourite for years, again oiled wool (wash with lanolin or baby oil to retain properties), kept all the weather out. Could be heavy in the wet - but still warm.

I also used to have some Nordic patterned cardigans with pewter buttons - looked a total spam but again warm.

Last edited:

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Hiya,

Big advocate of wool and have had a couple of good Nordic jumpers, fave at the moment is a heavy oiled wool one like this

Cosy and great round camp. Also good under waxed/oiled coats.

Now that I like!

Any info on it?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Army jumper. Best bit of clothing the Army have ever had. Was recently phased out, but the manufacturers have just received another MOD order for a new production run so they must be coming back. They are very popular with the SFSG who are allowed to wear them. Old school is considered very ally!

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I have a Norwegian Army jumper, though I tend to wear fleeces now. I have a knitted cable stich jumper in the loft, but the best I've ever had was a Falkland Island jumper, tried to get another a couple of years ago, got the sellers details from Falkland House but they never replied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Now that I like!

Any info on it?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Hi Pignut,

Made by Norlender of Norway. Really thick oiled wool, were available in navy, green or oatmeal. Had a swift look online - not sure if the make it without the pattern these days, did however find this foreign page with better pictures near the bottom. LINK Very cosy though mine was big before loosing 12 odd stone so have to dig it out and shrink it.

Sorry can't tell you where to get one - my google-fu is weak today.

GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE