Jimmy,s Forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I saw this last night and said to SWMBO "I bet there will be a discussion about this on the Bushcraft forum".

I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot; I was trying to categorise it as I went along but I thought it was an interesting mixture of subjects.

If you have it recorded but not watched yet then I won't spoil it, but make sure you catch it next week to see Will Lord.

Beefy0978

Forager
Jul 18, 2012
South west
I thought this was very good but I agree is difficult to pigeonhole. I guess it is what it says on the tin, the story of jimmy's wood throughout the year. Not enough focus on jimmy's wife though... ;-)

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I thought it was good,a bit more bushcrafty than I was expecting. I met Jimmy and Michaela last year on a trip to Jimmys farm and they were both really nice and down to earth, even though they were very busy they still made time to have a chat.

I want to build a tree house now! :D

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
May be worth checking out "the tree house diaries" by Nick Weston, the series almost seems to be built around this book

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good show I thought. I quite like the guy - his interests mirror mine - bit of farming, bit of outdoorsy stuff, some "can I make that at home with some kitchen chemistry?" interest.

Generally strikes me as a guy who is curious, likes to look into all sorts and share what he discovers.

He did dip a toe into the vogue for being the "food police" which put me off (as it did with H F-W), but thankfully that seems to have passed.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Generally strikes me as a guy who is curious, likes to look into all sorts and share what he discovers.

QUOTE]

That's a good summation. His business is over near me so I was aware of him but didn't know his original biology/entomology training. The two items on the woodpecker and the badger were fascinating and new information to me.

Being a bit of a pedant, the only point I would whinge about was that the birch tree was not shown being plugged after tapping. It was mentioned but not actually done; when he collected the bottle the tap was still in the tree.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE