Jim Crawford.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
addo took this picture at the APF show of a wonderful gentleman who has recently passed away. Jim had spent nearly all his life working in the Forestry world be it in this country and a time in Australia. He also served as a Guardsman as a young man. He was a late starter to climbing and axe work, but was begged by a colleague to help on a local team.

He had a lovely sense of humor and it comes over in this quote as to why he is still climbing "I have a lot of spare time now, so I may as well do something that keeps me fit. It's something that I'm good at and I can still do it so why not. I know I can't play the piano so I don't."

I was lucky enough to work with him after the 1987 gales for nearly ten years, as the timber industry boomed on the aftermath of these high winds, and the 1991 subsequent devastation.

Jim was still climbing aged 76 at the 2008 APF along with competing in the axe work you can see in the picture to compliment his skills. His quote on pole climbing "Four years ago, when I was a young man, I could do it in about 16 seconds. These days it takes me about 20."

There is a little bit more information on Jim if you google Jim Crawford pole climbing.

Bless you Jim.

Swyn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE