Jarryd's Expeditions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 27, 2021
Hertfordshire
Hi All, Im new to the UK bushcraft Community. Currently living in Dubai however in the process of moving to the UK just awaiting approvals etc which should be approved by latest August 2021.

Im a typical south african that loves the outdoors whether it be bushcraft or overlanding. My bushcraft skills are still very new however love to learn new skills overtime. Im an avid overlander here in the middle east however also love bushcraft. My most recent trip was a seven day camp in Ireland in the wicklow mountains had no prior experience which was absolutely epic - My sleeping setup on the trip was the usual hammock and tarp.

Im eager to meet up once im in the UK and get to know some of you in the area and learn and be around like minded individuals.
Im 35 years old married and have 2 kids and work as a Health & Safety Manager. Anyway thats all from me, hope you all have a great day ahead.

Regards,
Jarryd.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Lovely introduction. Hope your move goes smoothly. You give Hertfordshire as a location, is this where you plan to be living? Any idea where abouts in Hertfordshire? I used to live in Hemel Hempstead and there are some really nice bits of countryside not far from there. Good for a walk and some learning, but I don't have anywhere for practicing firecraft and cutting wood. There are good places though to walk and to get your youngsters into the woods and fields.

Welcome and all the best
Chris

Jun 27, 2021
Hertfordshire
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Lovely introduction. Hope your move goes smoothly. You give Hertfordshire as a location, is this where you plan to be living? Any idea where abouts in Hertfordshire? I used to live in Hemel Hempstead and there are some really nice bits of countryside not far from there. Good for a walk and some learning, but I don't have anywhere for practicing firecraft and cutting wood. There are good places though to walk and to get your youngsters into the woods and fields.

Welcome and all the best
Chris
Thanks for the kind words and best wishes, its very much appreciated. Yes my mother inlaw lives in Hertfordshire, Bengeo. I will initially be based there until i get my feet on the ground. Agreed beautiful countryside that end and some nice walks. I dont know much of the area as only visited a few times but fell inlove with the place when i first saw some rabbits running around at the roundabouts. Are there restrictions on firecraft and cutting wood. I will still need to learn the land laws & rules once i have boots on the ground however very excited to actually practice skills on a more frequent basis amongst greenery. The UAE has amazing mountains great for hiking 4x4ing and overlanding / camping and a bit of bushcraft with the limited trees in the area. Cant wait to be surrounded beautiful lush grass and green trees.

Reactions: Crowe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE