Jack Pyke Countryman Boots - Anyone tried them?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
The thread title pretty much covers it, I like mid-calf length boots and have usually bought mod surplus, I saw these the other day and quite like the look (less survivalist than some) but wondered how they would hold up to heavy use. I am hard on boots, pro-boots last about a year, a pair of Lowa's went from new to no soles inside 3 months (not impressed) and as for docs....

Anyway these are what I'm talking about.

http://www.ecamo.co.uk/product/jack-pyke-countryman-boots/536.html

Cheers

Steve

ps. I will try not to look as uncomfortable and ridiculous as the poor sod they've got modelling them.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have a pair and find them very good - to the extent that they are being worn to death!
They are not going to be the longest enduring boots ever but are worth the purchase price IMHO.

adderrustler

Aug 27, 2007
bridgewater
hi there Staghound cant understand why lowas only lasted three months i have a pair of gtx mountain and they have lasted two years still going strong plus you can have new liners / soles etc put on them for about 38 quid mine are so comfy wouldent change them for the world by the way i am no lightweight 6ft 1" 16 stone as for jack pike i would not touch them with a barge pole i have used quite a lot of jack pike stuff in the past it dosent last, is poorley made, and is not up to the job let me down constantly, my advice would be spend your money getting your lowas rehealed or by a good quality grade 1 german para boot as the build quality is good and if you oil them well comfy this is only my opinion but its one bore from experience hope this helps

david0607

Jan 20, 2008
liverpool
If you want the countryman boots I can get them Brand new, cheaper than ecamo (£82), I can get you a pair for about £65, but as mentioned above they are probably not the best boots in the world, usually lowas are quite good though. Message me if you want a pair

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE