J. Neilson Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
For those of you who haven't heard of him this is his site

I ordered this one from him in october/november time. It has been quite a wait but worth it in the end.

The wood is excellent, the finish and workmanship are perfect and the sheath is just what I wanted.

I will take it to Ashdown at the weekend so hopefully get a play and put up some more thoughts and pics.

Bill

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I will try and do a pic soon. Basically the belt goes through that loop either side of the sheath and the knife hangs at 45 degrees. You can have it on your left or right and it should be better for sitting down with it on.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Thanks Leon1.

J. has another on his site called the scandi-bushcraft which is what I ordered this one from but the damascus on the original makes it a lot more than I paid.

leon-1

tenbears10 said:
Thanks Leon1.

J. has another on his site called the scandi-bushcraft which is what I ordered this one from but the damascus on the original makes it a lot more than I paid.

Very nice, the only knife he has available was one of the crookbacks at the moment and that's damascus as well, I like the sheaths that he has made for them (isn't it his missus that does them), they are of beatifull quality from what I can see :)

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
The sheath is great. I love the ones they have on the crook backs but they are more expensive.

The attention to detail is fantastic, the knife and sheath came in a fleece pouch with two compartments so there is no chance of the knife picking up moisture from the new sheath in transit or when you store it. Everything was thought out so well.

R

rlinger

I'll personally endorse J's work and his wife Tess's sheath work. Tess has in past made sheaths for my knives and J was one of the spit and polish knife makers that helped me get started.

RL

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
MUST RESIST! MUST NOT TOUCH CREDIT CARD!
You are a very evil man for posting that link.
How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

CM Burns

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2003
London
I've got a Dusty-Purple Burl Crook-back with Wire Damascus blade - one of the ironies of owning beautiful knives is that you often admire them but never use them lest you damage their perfect form :roll:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Snufkin, it was $250 which with the exchange rate I think is pretty good. Endless options will alter the price but you get exactly what you want.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I've admired the Neilson's work for some time and they're on my wishlist for one of their bigger knives.

What really makes these stand apart, in my opinion, is the sheaths. Too many sheaths are lacking because the knifemaker isn't as good at leatherwork as metalwork but still insists on making the sheath.
Tess's sheaths are great in there own right!

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Looks great...yet another knife maker that has caught my interest, im living in a dream world :roll:

Wow,
Thanks all. Bill sent me this link today and I have to admit this is my first, but not last visit here. Thank you very much for the kind words from everyone. Tess and I really enjoy what we do and just try to make the best knives/sheath we can. I'm glad to hear your comments and really appreciate them. Don't let Roger fool you, he's helped me out plenty, too. In fact, he was the one that got me started on this style.
:wave: Hi Roger.
Thanks again to everyone.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
I want that one in your signature picture. It's a beauty !!!

However, I'm afraid that I will not be visiting your site. I can't afford to sell another kidney. :eek:):
I have book-marked it for dreaming at a later date though :biggthump

Cheers,

Martin

P.s. Welcome to the site. :wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE