It's awfully quiet round here.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Wasn't sure if I could make it, but looks like I will be :) I'm honestly not bothered where it is, happy to be at inverness again. As much as I love loch maree, it's another 1-1.5 hour drive for ian on top of the 6 hours it takes us to get up there so loch ussie is fine.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to do some leatherwork demos. Perhaps just covering some basic leather carving?

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
I'm sorry to everyone for the sudden change of location and late reply on this. Due to personal circumstances I wasn't able to arrange to go out and physically look at the location. I also spoke with a few attendees and thought that due to the logistics of cooking for such a large party that a known location was better. I'm sorry for not consulting everyone individually and considering how others might have felt. Chris, March Hare, and others, I'm very sorry if you felt excluded from the decision making process. I hope I have the opportunity to apologise to you personally.

For future meets, eg the winter camp in late January, the location, theme, and logistics of who will contribute what, requirements of and who will recce the site for suitability etc will be decided and I will ask each person to contact me to check it off the list. This is not because I want a central position, but because many minds need one voice. It's evident that a lack of communication has created a lack of organisation this time and this is the result. This is my fault. I will endeavour to ensure that next time an agreement is made it will be followed through, and if for some reason this is not possible, I'll contact everyone concerned to discuss the issue.

The meet next week is concentrated on the theme of cooking, so if anyone has any ideas for contributions to a hearty dinner on please do bring something along. While there will plenty of food shared, I still think it wise for everyone to bring sufficient rations for themselves. If we can mix share and contribute this will be a bonus.

Again, my apologies to all. I look forward to finally meeting some of you. Please trust in the idea and forgive the past misunderstanding. It's very early days for the highland bushcraft gathering. I'm sure there will be many braw nights ahead, many skills to learn, and many stories to tell and many smiles to be smiled.

See you next week guys.

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but loving what you are arranging.

I would loved to have come to this weekends meet up but I'm away on a brain tanning course this weekend.

I'd love to come along to the meet-up in January and hope to contribute to the forum in the coming months leading up to it. Not that I have much to contribute to be fair but I'm always happy to put my two bobs worth in.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Cheers Jon, sorry not to have replied earlier but due to a family health issue for one of the outlaws I've not been on. Sadly this means it's very, very doubtful if I can make the meet, I'll know for definite over the next day or two. Whatever happens I hope everyone has a good time.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but loving what you are arranging.

I would loved to have come to this weekends meet up but I'm away on a brain tanning course this weekend.

I'd love to come along to the meet-up in January and hope to contribute to the forum in the coming months leading up to it. Not that I have much to contribute to be fair but I'm always happy to put my two bobs worth in.

Have fun on your brain tanning course, and we will catch you at the next one ;)

beezer

Forager
Oct 13, 2014
lockerbie
it was a great meet. we did quite a bit of work on pot hanger stuff and a pheasant and partridge stew thanks to jason for that. also hamish did a demo on leather carving. we also a meet a great chap who just happened to be in same area as us who we made welcome into are group. thanks to every one woh came and was great to see some new faces.

it was a great meet. we did quite a bit of work on pot hanger stuff and a pheasant and partridge stew thanks to jason for that. also hamish did a demo on leather carving. we also a meet a great chap who just happened to be in same area as us who we made welcome into are group. thanks to every one woh came and was great to see some new faces.
Great stuff sounds like you had a blast. Looking forward to trying to make the next one.

I'm sitting dealing with the pain in my fingers, hands, arms and shoulder after a weekend of buckskin brain tanning. Feel like have have went 5 rounds with Connor McGreggor.

Got another hide in the freezer that I'm going to attempt hair on tanning. Think I'll let my fingers recover first.

Wish I had been there to see the leather carving demo that sounds great.

What's pot hanger?

D-A

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE