It's awfully quiet round here.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
FB Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/966531476790041/

I'm sorry for the delay in finalising the details but I've run into issues regarding the location.

Last week I spent 4 days between River Findhorn and Rothiemurcus, but all spots I've previously used are either too exposed (I wouldn't want a large turn-out to draw any unwanted attention), or they are physically not suitable (space for a central tent a fire + sleeping spots for those attending). And then there is parking etc. to consider.

I put a call out amongst friends asking for land to use but didn't receive any offers.

If you'd like to attend please commit via the FB page or here if you don't have (although I believe it's possible to invite using the FB event page via email for those who don't hold an account)

I'll confirm or cancel by end of working day Friday, let's say 17:30.

Apologies again to those who've been left waiting to confirm their plans.

Regards

Jon

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
just incase Jon can't source a site, anybody else up north got any ideas? It would be a shame to let this slip through as there are quite a few folk interested. Me and Beezer have just sat going through maps and google earth but without hands on experience you just never know

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
The location is confirmed as Loch Ussie, specifically the birch wood on the Western shore. It's not the ideal location but it will fulfil most requirements and exceed in beauty. It's been some years since I camped here but I have fond memories. There is unlikely to be space to erect the central tent but we can use multiple tarps in a close configuration if the weather is bad.

If there are any objections or suggestions please leave a message on the thread. The FB page and this thread will be updated regularly. Please request and accept an invite via the FB page if you can, it may attract those who are unsure about attending.

I hope to arrive around midday. I look forward to meeting some of you.

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
Looks great. Ill b there prob early evening with my son as dont finish till 4ish. Whats the best way to confim (or is this sufficient?).

Ill also start the questions �� can we fish in the loch? Is there anything you would like us bring i.e. food for a big pot and a big pot itself spare tarps etc etc.

Cheers!!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
cracking stuff me and Beezer will be along, possibly with another friend. Likewise I can bring an extra 3x3 tarp if it's needed at all.

Anyone interested in having a wee car boot/trade type thing in camp to trade/sell any unwanted gear etc. If so I'll bring some stuff along

Another good point to make is parking. Anywhere specific we should park up to find the place?

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
My step-father, John Alexander Maclean of Glenbernisdale, Skeabost, Isle of Skye, passed on early this morning. The service will be held on Saturday morning. I'm unable to attend this event but Ben Clark will take over co-ordinating the meet. Everything else will go ahead as planned. Please remember that each person will be responsible for their own sleeping/food provisions although there may be some shared cooking as the situation allows. There will no longer be a central tent but Jason Sears has offered to bring a parachute canopy to provide some cover. I'll tag a Gmap with the location of the entrance to the birch wood and post it here later today.

There will be a boat to provide the option of making camp on the central island if all agree. The island is a truly special place. A rare jewel of untouched mixed deciduous wood land. I hope all those committed will still attend and that I'll meet some or all of you at the next meet in late November.
Ben Clark can be contacted directly via FB or on 07552200981.

Go peacefully, John. A true man cut from the glen. Life is precious. When those we love pass on, all we can do is live.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Sorry to hear of your loss Jon, my sincere condolences.

Things a bit up in the air at the mo but I'm hoping to get up for this. If I do I'll probably disappear for a bit Sat. Local dog/animal charity I support has a do on.

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
My wee car finally gave up so instead of havinv a nice nite in the woods ill be car hunting over the weekend.

Hope you all have a good one and ill aim for the next meet.

Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE