It's awfully quiet round here.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frazer

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2009
Highlands
Hey folks, how's it going. I've been away from these forums and away from Scotland for a few years and was looking to keep up the bushcraft malarky.

Who am I? Frazer - yeah Imaginative username, eh? Low level Outdoor Ed instructor, including bushcraft as an activity for kids/teens. Trained Instructors and ran a bunch of courses down in Yorkshire mostly, wales, kent and norfolk. Once drove a van full of nature into London to do a bushcraft 'bit' for an office family fun day. Top tip: Don't trust the guy on reception when he says the van will fit into their underground parking!

What am I after? Either a group to get together with and practice/progress skills. Or if there are any one running courses or even forest schools and the like that I can nosey in on.

Where am I? Based out of Inverness for the most part, but I'm happy to travel.

The weather is picking up again, time to get out and about!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello :)

You might pm Monarch. Ian's in Inverness.
You might not get a very quick reply though, his Dad's funeral was just this week :sigh: but he will get in touch.
Tell him Mary suggested it and he'll know where you're coming from.
He gets involved in some amazing things :approve:

M

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
I'm interested in a small and casual get together around the Great Glen area to get to know people and what their interests and skill sets are, and to see what the possibilities are of arranging something more organised and regular in the future. If there is any interest or suggestions of a possible location please leave a note in the thread. Highland Bush Moot?

I hope to hear from you all soon.

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
Midges are obviously rampant over here and it's been bone dry for weeks. Some rain forecast for next week might whip them up into a frenzy. Still interested in a meet up anytime.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
A few years ago there were a number of members from the NE who had regular meet-ups, I even manage to get to two of them, but they seem to have gone quiet or have gone off doing their own things.

If anyone does manage to organise a meet I'd also be interested in popping along.

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
I'm sorry for the delay in organising anything specific, and in getting back to folk who have pm'd me over the past month.

I want to canvass interest for a meet either mid or late August depending on availability. The location is yet to be decided but it will likely either be Strathpeffer or Nairn way.

Any and all are welcome regardless of experience level but everyone should obviously carry all necessary equipment.

If you have a skill you'd like to share please specify along with preference for date and location.

And please include an email so we can share all the info once it's decided.

There will be a large central tent to accommodate the group in case of adverse weather and a central fire to share meals if that is your preference.

Again, sorry for not getting back to you all sooner.

Jon

Aug 1, 2016
Highlands
Hey Jon,

I've just joined the forum after reading your invite for a 'Highland Bush-Moot'. I'm interested in meeting up with like minded folk who spend time outdoors. I don't seem able to pm you, perhaps cos I'm a new member.
Anyways, I've got a 5 litre stainless steel kettle with a black bottom that's looking for some action. I'm in Strathpeffer.

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
UPDATE: I would like to make the first meet at the end of August over the Bank Holiday weekend. Arriving the afternoon of Friday the 26th and departing after breakfast on the Sunday the 28th.

The location is still to be confirmed but it will be a short drive from Inverness regardless.

As mentioned there will be a central tent for seating up to approx. 10 folk should the weather turn or the midges descend. I'm out on the west coast and the midges haven't been so bad this year, although I won't speak for other areas or later in the season. A face net and a can of Smidge should be enough.

I've received PM's from a few folk but I'll leave all the relevant info in this thread as and when things are decided.

If you can attend please leave a message on the thread, and please say if you're bringing a partner/child/dog/friend so everyone has an idea of the numbers. Conversely if you can't make the dates but can make the weekend before please leave a message and if the numbers shift towards either weekend we can alter the dates.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Jon

Last edited:

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
The dates suit me and ill be bringing my son (11yo).

Cheers for sorting things out Jon....its appreciated and if i can be of any help just give me a shout.

��

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE