Isn't Autumn Beautiful?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A glorious day today with that very clear bright air you get in Autumn - too nice to be indoors!

Firstly the obligatory beutiful leaf shot!

2932162180_69be84ceff_o.jpg

Plenty of unusual trees around but I love strange finds - today's was two beautiful Cedar of Lebanon

2931301715_7e9bee059f_o.jpg

A nice stand of shaggy inkcaps

2931300237_f3916ce320_o.jpg

Another strange tree for around here

2932158626_d6f987302c_o.jpg

The figs were fantastically ripe

2932159980_cc57c85db9_o.jpg

We weren't the only ones out foraging - the long tailed tits were flocking everywhere - I adore these little social "flying teddy bears"

2932164032_c6edfac034_o.jpg

Red

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Great pictures.

Autumn is a great season indeed. Everything is settling in and getting ready for the wintertime. Most nuts and seeds available is now ready and available for us to put to use, and all the animals are hastening to get their fair share of the meal.

Great time of year

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Yesterday was just gorgeous wasn't it! Lovely shots Red :)

I and a few friends went to Wakehurst Place (Kew's "country garden") and had what was
probably quite a 'short' walk (but we took ages over it) around the woodland and gardens,
ooohing and aaahing over every new thing we came across. The light was perfect, filtering
gently through a range of autumnal leaves, lots of stunningly pinky red and darker coloured
acers. Cute baby coots looking very fluffy at the side of the lake, plenty of ducks, even
kids climbing trees (I'm all for trees being climbed, but not convinced that these particular
trees were for climbing).

We even came across a fabulous carving of a face hung quite high up in the trees but
foolishly none of us had brought a camera!! Saw some shaggy inkcaps too (thanks Red,
I wasn't sure what they were but seeing your photos... that's definitely them), also the
cyclamen were out in force.

There's a lovely old house there as well, all dark panelling and carving - heaven!

Absolutely perfect day out really :)

Though I didn't take any photos, this person has and kindly posted them up for me to
find via Google - http://www.invectis.co.uk/wakeh/wakeh.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE