Isley and Jura

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chrisp955

Aug 7, 2017
Runcorn
I got to the ferry Friday 25th but when they said it could be two or 3 days to fix we didn't have the time to hang about. But all the more ression to go back

Chrisp955

Aug 7, 2017
Runcorn
The winds wiped up in the night. So at 3am I'm running round in my bills taking my tarp down. DSC_0049.jpg
My mate taking full advantage of my make shift seating area DSC_0038.jpg

Brynglas

Good pics, I think you've been unlucky with the weather last week, it wasn't great. It's starting to settle a bit for the next few days which doesn't allow me enough time to get up to Jura. With a bit of luck I might get a bivvy in somewhere though.
Glad to know you're keen to come back, it's well worth the effort to get here.

Sent from my SM-T819 using Tapatalk

Chrisp955

Aug 7, 2017
Runcorn
Early start seen us in Port Ellen at 8,30 it's only 15 mins from Kintra farm. We manged so sort a ferry to Arron bur getting of again would be a problem. The boats only have limited places for bikes. Iv been to Arron before and it is a lovly place and I would of liked to show my mate round but it wasn't to be. So map out again. The lady at the booking office said Bute is nice. Why not none of us had been before so Bute it is. We board the 9,40 ferry back to Kennacrig. With the bike straped down the full Scottish breakfast in the ships cafe called. And not hafe bad. We got the map out and decided to take a longer way round to the Bute ferry.

Chrisp955

Aug 7, 2017
Runcorn
We jumped on the B8000 to were it joined the A886. This takes you past otters Ferry but there doesn't seem to be a ferry there. The road it's self isn't much more then a single track fire road with grass growing out the middle and lose gravel. In 15 miles or more we didn't see another thing on the road. Slow progress but a great road to stand on your pegs and look around. The A886 on the other hand is a smooth road with sweeping bends great road for a bike.

Chrisp955

Aug 7, 2017
Runcorn
The ferry to Bute is only 15 mins. Bute a nice island one side is quite bizzy with the feel of a victorian holiday resorts. At the ferry terminal is a lovly victorian toilet spotlessly clean with a shower for the price of 40p you can do your biz in marble splendour and have a shawer. There was a bunkhouse but we was determined to get our full wild camping wings. The west of the island just has a few farms and great views of Arron. There is also a golf course. Just past the golf course you will see a farm and a some muddy tracks heading down to the beach. This is were we decided to set up camp. Amongst the cow pats and there owners. We soon got set up and I was sent for provisions It's 7 miles back to the shops for beer and fire wood. The beach had been picked clean. We cooked over a open fire. Few beers. Then we tackled the elephant in the room. Our 1st wildcamping poo. Yes we all no we will have to do one sooner our later.
DSC_0057.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE