is this what happened to our wolves?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
thats it , first they turn carniverous now they got bse?

my new years resolution is never to eat another squirrel brain again :eek:

Tant

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
RovingArcher said:
Actually, all humor aside, the attitude towards the grey squirrel is exactly what killed off the wolf. That and women drivers. :eek: :D
Wolves were native to this side of the pond, it is the foreign wildlife causing problems!
Signal crayfish grey squirrells and possibly chipmunks soon!
Yanks go home! :p
:D :D

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Perhaps the squirrels are expanding into the ecological niches vacated by small predators such as the wildcat... Evolution in action?

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Wow, maybe someone should test for abnormalities in the brains of some of these monster squirrels. There was a photo of a squirrel that I saw on the net once. It had developed large canine teeth and looked a little like a lynx when it smiled.

Nature does find a way to fill the little nitches that have been vacated for one reason or another.

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
Would I be allowed to take pot shots at squirrels with a sling if I was on a walk. I don't carry an air rifle when I am out.
Not much chance of me hitting it - it must be said.

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
RovingArcher said:
Nature does find a way to fill the little nitches that have been vacated for one reason or another.

'The majestic Sabretoothed Squirrel, see how even a small pack can bring down the largest prey. Once in this ferocious hunter's sights there can be only one outcome. Death.'

;)

Greywolf

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE