Is this the same stuff?

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Danish oil is good, nothing wrong with linseed oil either though. You can get boiled or raw linseed oil, I find the raw stuff penetrates better. A cheap shop near me sells big bottles for £1.99, last for ages if you soak a knife then tip it back in the bottle.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I use danish oil too! - if I am going to do a 'soak' rather than a 'rub in with a cloth' I dilute it 50/50 with meths so it is thinner and seems to soak in better. Once soaked and dried I put on a single layer 'neat' with a cloth as usual

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Danish gives a shiny finish - varnish seals the wood in a plasticy cover and can be uncomfortable (blisters) with long use. An oil finish seems to work much better in my opinion.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Danish oil can go straight to a buffer for a nice finish. If you use linseed oil let it fully dry then buff it with beeswax...either way it'll look and feel nice.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the forest
I use boiled linseed oil, but at the weekend I got hold of some teak oil from a boot market, it soaks in very fast.
I tried it out on a new handle for a blacksmiths hammer, the wood was from an old shovel 80 years old, well sanded and profiled.
It came up really well in my view.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
was just going to buy other stuff as well. Its only at checkout I realise you can only pay via paypal =(

Shame that, didn't realise you don't use Paypal and I've never ordered from the site, my bad. Start looking for something that Tengu is interested in and PM her I guess...

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.