Is this leather of any use?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bbdave

Forager
Feb 19, 2007
Teignmouth,Devon
I have taken this off an old vaulting horse it has obviously had wear and tear but before throwing it away I thought I'd ask if it was of any use. It is about 2.5-3mm I don't have the tools or skill to make anything though an axe mask would be nice, but willing to post it off to anyone interested for the cost of postage I'll refund that if it is of no use.

14324145838300_zps0sj9547j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

14324146279181_zpsn8d18gyb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

14324146426272_zpsw0einzqe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dave

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
A Ford boot cover for protecting the paint work when playing Starskey & Hutch. (Hmm, maybe that's an age specific joke?)
You could make some sheathes or masks out of it as its nice and thick, or maybe try making some primative shoes/sandles?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
It looks to be a bit dry for anything that needs serious shaping - so go for things that don't - probably great for a board-strop!

Oh, and when you say you "Don't have the skills", you forgot to add "Yet" after it! - no-one makes anything perfect at their first attempt (trust me, I've tried lots) so take the most important step and try something, it's surprising how much fun it can be!

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE